Buddy API is an Xtra for Director and Authorware.
It contains over 140 functions for dealing with the Windows API and Macintosh Toolbox. Among other things, it allows you to:
- get version information (OS, Windows, NT, QuickTime, etc)
- read and write registry and ini files
- get the type and speed of the processor
- detect previous instances of your application
- open, print, copy, delete files
- control screensavers
- disable task switching
- install fonts
- control other applications
New from version 3.1: the unregistered version of the Xtra now includes two free functions. You can use any two functions in any one projector or packaged application.